Wisdom teeth have a greater tendency to become diseased. Since prevention is better than cure, it is good to know about the facts and precautions of wisdom tooth removal. Common reasons for wisdom tooth removal include the outbreak of a wisdom tooth or a tooth that is too severely damaged. Tooth removal will take place under local anaesthesia, and the pain vanishes within a week.
General causes for wisdom tooth removal:
- Pericoronitis: It is the most common wisdom tooth problem among young people. It develops when germs get stuck in the space between a partially erupted wisdom tooth and gum. Typical symptoms are puffy gum tissue around the wisdom tooth, pain and a bad taste in the mouth. Severe symptoms which require fast treatment include fever, wisdom tooth swelling and trouble to open the mouth. It is rare in people over 30 years of age.
- Dental caries: Commonly referred as tooth cavities, which is one of the widespread diseases. When food is in taken, the bacteria on the teeth break them down and create acids which can seriously damage the rigid tissues of the tooth. This result in the formation of dental caries also called cavities.
- Pulpitis: It means throbbing pain in the tooth. It could reach the tooth pulp and lead to tooth root infection which is the typical reason for tooth extraction.
Wisdom Teeth Removal in Sydney: There are sufficient hospitals around Sydney which offer Safe and Affordable services to patients with very experienced surgeons in the field. Cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney differs with the experience of professionals and the technique to be involved in tooth extraction.
Good reasons to remove wisdom teeth:
- Damage to nearby teeth: It may infect other teeth around causing mouth pain and bite problems.
- Fear of Tumours: An impacted wisdom tooth can cause minute tumours or cysts in the jawbone which leads to joint pain that would require the assistance of an experienced professional.
- Gum disease: Gum disease Inflammation related to wisdom teeth may result in declining gum tissues, tooth loss, and worsening of the jawbone.
- Infection and Inflammation:Due to a mixture of partial space in wisdom teeth frequently pointer to gum inflammation and it results into bad gum disease.
- Risk for difficulties rises with age: For older persons, the chance for complications to arise from removing wisdom teeth increases.