The next big invention in dentistry is dental implants. Dental implants are designed to look and feel real and natural. Dental implants offer long term benefits as compared to conventional treatments of dentures and bridges. The dentist in Barrie Chapnick Dental provides family-friendly practice with a special focus on dental implant and other newer techniques in dentistry.
Here are the 10 benefits of a dental implant:
1) Prevents jaw bone loss: Dental implants replace jaw bone stimulation and prevents jaw bone loss. This is not possible with conventional treatments.
2) Matches the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth: Dental implants are available in a variety of shapes, sizes, and color that can match your adjacent surrounding teeth.
3) Restores bite force: Dental implants are anchored with a titanium post that allows you to bite with a natural force which conventional teeth don’t necessarily offer.
4) Prevents the change in face shape: Missing teeth and artificial teeth can change the shape of our face. But dental implants support your face and prevent it to change the shape of the face.
5) Enables natural speech: Dentures can impact the ability of speech properly. Missing teeth can also alter the speech. But with a dental implant, you can feel, function and speak naturally.
6) Free from tooth cavities: Materials that are required to make dental implant actually don’t catch bacteria. Hence, there is no chance of tooth decay. Artificial teeth can still catch up with plaque formation. So, dental implants are free from tooth decay.
7) Easy to take care: Dental implants don’t require any special products for cleaning and caring. There is no need for cups, cleaning tablets, adhesives, and special floss. You can brush with normal toothbrush and mouthwash and can do normal flossing.
8) No slippage of teeth: Dental implant is fixed and firmly anchored at their place. There is no chance of slipping and shifting of the teeth like conventional dentures.
9) Fills the gap and supports adjacent teeth: Dental implants provide a straight alignment to your teeth and fill the gap of the missed tooth properly. This also prevents the rest of the teeth to shift and cause misalignment.
10) Has a long life: Dental implants provide a permanent solution and therefore, doesn’t require replacement or repair, unlike conventional treatments.
Are dental implants covered by insurance?
It depends on your insurance plan. Depending on the type of insurance plan you are having, you can get 50% of the implant cost.
Cost of Dental Implant:
A dental implant may involve a high front up cost but is more reliable and requires much lesser maintenance cost. Conventional treatments like dentures may have less front up cost but require more maintenance cost which eventually will cost you more. The average cost of a dental implant is $3000 to $4500.
Visit dentist in Barrie Chapnick Dental for best dental implant treatment.