If a patient feels embarrassed and shameful before smiling and showing the set of white teeth, then problem is not properly aligned teeth, discoloured teeth, chipped and highly stained teeth. This frustrating problem can be easily solved through the option called porcelain veneers. This option is quiet long lasting and effective.
This process gives a new outlook to the teeth weather it is look wise of shape wise. A thin layer of porcelain is covered to the front portion of the enamel. These are artificial or man-made which is fixed to the real tooth of the mouth with the help of resin cement.
Advantages of porcelain veneers:
- The greatest advantage of porcelain veneers is that among all the other bonding options this one is very natural and gives a realistic appearance like the original.
- This process does not allow staining and fading of the colour of the teeth just because of the smooth surface
- This process lasts for a very long time without causing any problem
Some points to remember before the process of porcelain veneers:
- The patients who are unhealthy and have weak teeth with decay, large cavity etc. will not be able to do this treatment
- The patients who have a habit of grinding their teeth or contracting them can even not follow this process as it can cause chipping of the teeth
Nowadays, this process is quiet in demand because of the realistic features and long lasting for many years. This process changes the worn out, misaligned, decayed and faded teeth to a completely new looking teeth. No other process can match the porcelain veneers.
Specially, who are young and are frustrated with their bad looking teeth. It is cost effective and the price of the treatment varies according to damage already done to the teeth.