Today we live in the world of the Internet. We can get everything from the Internet be it small or big doesn’t matter. As people, today are so engrossed in their lives that they don’t even have time to have a peaceful meal. Internet came as an aid for people of today’s generation. Everything is now available on your fingertips. With the rapid increase in online shops for any product, things have become handy.
One such service provided by the internet is online pharmacy and cross-border marketplace. Canadian pharmacy online serves its customers by supplying medications online. It has well-qualified staff that assists the customers for the services.
Certification is not necessary for a technician job in Canadian pharmacy. Employers, however, select candidates who qualify for Canadian certification.
How to qualify for Canadian certification?
The person seeking a job in the Canadian Pharmacy must be certified. The candidate has to clear the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) exam. However, if the candidate wishes to qualify the exam he has to fulfill certain eligibility requirements.
Eligibility criteria for appearing the PEBC exam is either the candidate has completed 2000 hours of work or has the teaching experience in the past 3 years. If either of the conditions is fulfilled, the candidate can appear for the qualifying examination.
Direct eligibility is another way of appearing the qualifying exam. This method does not require the candidate to take the evaluating exam. To appear directly for the qualifying examination, the candidate must complete or pass one of the following:
- The candidate must complete the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Program (CCAPP) or
- Clear the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP) Certifying Exam or
- The person should pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board of Albany Certifying Exam or
- The candidate must successfully complete the PEBC Pharmacist Evaluating Exam or
- The candidate must hold an accredited pharmacist degree program in Canada or the U.S.