Normally gum ailments are inflammation of gums leading to oral health issues like affecting the bone and tissues surrounding and supporting the teeth. There are multiple kinds and phases of gum diseases that quite troublesome if not treated by a skilled dentist.
A Few Common Gum Diseases –
- Gingivitis – This is the most common and mild gum disease usually placed in periodontal phase of gum ailments. The gums bleed, look reddish and are swollen. Normally the symptoms appear due to unhygienic oral care. Other causes may be diabetes, smoking, old age or inadequate nutrition intake. Right kind of simple dental care suggested by your dentist is adequate to cure Gingivitis.
- Periodontitis – If Gingivitis is left untreated it leads to severe dental ailments like spreading of plaque under the gum line leading to separation of gums from teeth. Then the teeth loosen as the disease penetrates towards the teeth root. The other causes may be the individual suffering from chronic ailments like cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, respiratory diseases and hormonal changing issues.
- Necrotizing periodontal disease – This is a gum infection largely affecting necrosis of gingival tissues, ligaments and alveolar bone. It is common in people suffering from HIV, malnutrition symptoms and immunosuppression.
The gum diseases of any kind if not treated can be quite harmful for maintaining good oral health. Hence, the need to treat gum ailments from best care providers like Oracare dental clinic arises to maintain the oral health positively. As soon as you feel some discomfort or symptoms indicating issues in gums, it is best to visit a skilled dentist.
The symptoms of gum ailments experienced by individuals are –
- Swelling of gums.
- Gums start bleeding while brushing or flossing.
- Gums get separated from the tooth structure.
- Always seems to be red in colour and tender to touch.
- Bad smell in the mouth.
- Pain while chewing food.
- Teeth become sensitive to cold or hot temperature.
- Pus can be seen surrounding the teeth and gums.
- Eventually you lose teeth.
- Chances of enduring oral cancer symptoms.
The main cause of gum diseases is due to formation of plaque. Thus, it needs to be removed immediately by professional teeth cleaning done by experienced dentists. Gums must be strong and healthy to hold the teeth securely. Regular brushing and flossing will help in this regard and also you need to visit a dentist regularly.