Microscopic dissection is what that decides the success of the hair transplant procedure and evolve the technique relevancy and their efficacy in the light of getting the best factual result of the implantation procedure.
As we all know that the procedure of hair transplant is a method of shifting of hair roots from the donor location onto the recipient bald portion via the process of extraction of hair roots/graft either by the FUT hair transplant or the FUE hair transplant and later implantation of the same onto the receiving bald area. This process of shifting and later implantation goes through a middle step of the dissection termed as the hair roots dissection step that must follow by the higher magnifications of microscopes in order to collect the most viable number of grafts to fulfill the desired number that meets the criteria of an aesthetic hair transplant procedure result. However, the use of higher magnification of microscopes in the dissection process plays a pivotal role that determines the success of the procedure at large.
The reputed & recognized Clinics or Centre of the hair transplant procedure always focuses on using the advanced technique and technology that helps in the generation of the best output and that’s why the hair transplant cost also got raised that favor the standard care and treatment as well.
Nowadays, after the globalization that built an advancement in tools, technology, and equipment to make the surgical procedure an easier one and also helps in achieving the desired results that anyone wish for, the microscopic dissection solves the complications of extracted grafts that are in the bunches or plugs with a random number of hair follicles and therefore, the Surgeon dissects them carefully before their placement onto the allocated slotted areas on the recipient bald areas. It is mandatory that the grafts should be dissected carefully with the view of collecting a number of grafts by avoiding the damage rate as well as desiccation. The technicians put the dissected grafts in the saline water until the step of placement so that the graft should get saved from the desiccation and fulfill the need of the hair transplant procedure.
How does the Stereo-microscope works and help in Outcome generation in the Hair Transplant Procedure:
- During Strip / FUT hair harvest, the recognized Clinics use a 4X magnification which decreases the graft transaction rate less than 3-5%
- During dissection and graft division must use 20X magnifications to decrease hair shaft damages and hair transection to give maximum yield or re-growth rate
- During implantation of the graft, the Clinic or Centre should use 4X magnification of Crizal loop lense
- At reputed centres of hair restoration, we can get more than 95% hair re-growth rate, i.e. if they plant 100 hairs meaning there regrowth number will be 95 certainly
- With the use of higher magnifications of German microscopes, one can avoid the graft damage rate up to 99% and support the aesthetic hair transplant concern with having a greater number of hair follicles.
Why Do We Need Microscopes to Reduce the Damage Rate?
In the process of hair transplantation, Surgeons just facilitates the shifting of hair root from one location to another for which one needs to be more precise at every step of the procedure in order to preserve each individual shaft because a damage of graft leads to double loss, meaning the donor area has limited supply of grafts and for the placement with a high-density or expected density, there is need of a number of grafts to achieve the aesthetic goal of the procedure. So, it is important to preserve each & every graft to achieve the natural outcomes of the procedure.
The Advantages of using the higher magnification of Microscopes in Hair Transplant is jotted down below:
- It allows the Surgeons to see the graft more precisely so that they can avoid the damage rate during the dissection process
- It facilitates the option to see the graft in a very bigger size that ranges between 20X-200X, which helps in collecting the greatest number grafts for the implantation.
- The use of microscopes is necessary to maximize graft survival by minimizing the risk of transection of grafts while the dissection process in the hair transplants.
On the whole, we can say that it is necessary to use the higher magnification of microscopes in the hair transplant procedure so that we can achieve the goal of the restoration procedure with a maximum number of the viable grafts by reducing the risk of damages during the dissection step of the procedure.