The debate if marijuana is beneficial for your health, or it is more harmful, is a debate that will never end. The fact no one can deny is that marijuana has been used for as a herbal medication since ancient time. So, of course, there are benefits of marijuana to human health, but still, most of the things which are beneficial are also harmful to some extent and so is marijuana.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana has many names, from the most popular Mary Jane, people also call it grass, bud, ganja, weed, etc. The scientific name of marijuana is Cannabis sativa. It used to be mainly used for recreational purposes as cigarettes as it makes one feel high. Marijuana is legalized in some countries and some states in the USA.
Benefits of Marijuana:
Marijuana is used as medicinal drug purposes, which means that it has health benefits. Two compounds are found in marijuana which is good for use as a medication.
- Cannabidiol: It is strong for impacting your brains in small dosage.
- Tetrahydrocannabinol: It is a pain-reliving agent.
These two compounds give marijuana potential to be beneficial for health. Let’s go through some of the medicinal benefits of marijuana.
- Anti-depressant: It is scientifically proven that marijuana has the potential to treat people who are suffering from depression. Mainly it can cure people with anxiety. But it is also a fact that marijuana for anxiety can only be obtained through proper prescription as any overdose can worsen the anxiety.
- Anti-Cancer: Marijuana can stop growing up of cancerous cells. It has been found very effective for patients with breast cancer. But there’s smoke in marijuana and can cause cancer in the lung.
- Pain-relief: Marijuana can be used as a pain-reliver. Patients with arthritis and multiple sclerosis can get relief after taking marijuana.
- Anti-inflammation: people who are suffering from anti-inflammatory conditions due to medications turn towards marijuana. THC and CBD minimize the inflammation in different ways.
- Chemotherapy: Drugs such as dronabinol and Nabilone are approved by the FDA in the USA to treat nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy for cancer patients, as well as poor appetite and loss of appetite.
- Alzheimer: Small amount of tetrahydrocannabinol or THC can slow the production of beta-amyloid proteins. This is the reason why marijuana is characterized as to slow the progress of Alzheimer.
- Glaucoma: IOP levels if controlled can control glaucoma. THC found in marijuana can be used to keep the level of IOP under control.
For more information, you can visit www.ouchclub.com and keep away from myths.