Telling the difference between an emergency and a non-emergency dental situation can help you save a tooth. A knocked-out tooth, for example, must be treated the same day by our emergency dentist, regardless of whether the event occurred within office hours. Other dental emergencies, such as a misplaced porcelain crown, may not require the same level of urgency and can be performed during normal office hours. While you wait for dental treatment, an Emergency Dentist Wheelers Hill will be able to advise you on how to safeguard your teeth and gums.
What exactly is a root canal procedure?
When the pulp, which houses the blood vessels, nerves, and live connective tissues, becomes infected or inflamed, root canal therapy, also known as endodontic treatment, is required. Instead of removing a broken or badly diseased tooth, a root canal operation is used to save it. An endodontist from Root Canal Treatment Wheelers Hill performs this operation. Cavities caused by plaque accumulation, fractured or broken teeth caused by accidents or trauma, gum diseases, and recurrent dental treatment to a specific tooth are the most prevalent causes of tooth damage or infection. These problems can lead to pulp inflammation, infection, and irreversible pulp damage. At times, the person will be in agonizing agony and needed proper dental care with Dental Clinic Wheelers Hill.
Are there any adverse effects from having a root canal?
- A dull discomfort in the tooth after root canal therapy is a frequent side effect of the surgery. It normally goes away within a week of therapy. However, if any bacterium survives the operation, the illness may resurface.
- As a result, it’s a good idea to see a doctor if the discomfort disappears for a few days following the surgery and then reappears. There may be a break at the base of the tooth that goes unnoticed by the endodontist at times.
- If this is the case, the fracture exposes the region to germs and illness. The crown might fall free, exposing the treated tooth. If the tooth is left uncovered, the seal on the tooth may disintegrate, allowing germs to enter and infect the tooth once more.
- If the crown comes loose, you should see your dentist right once to get it corrected.
- If substandard materials are utilized during the filling procedure, they may degrade, re-infecting the patient with microorganisms.
What is the cost of a root canal?
The price varies based on the severity of the disease and which tooth is involved. Molars are more difficult to cure, resulting in a higher price. Endodontic treatment is usually covered by most dental insurance policies. In most cases, endodontic treatment and restoration of a natural tooth is less expensive than having the tooth pulled. To restore chewing function and prevent adjacent teeth from shifting, an extracted tooth must be replaced with an implant or bridge. These procedures are usually more expensive than endodontic therapy and restoration.