Being overweight is an ordeal that can be understood by someone that is either overweight or someone that has fought tooth and nail to lose weight. Losing weight is a long term and arduous process. The inclusion of a weight loss supplement like raspberry ketone eases your ordeal and helps in getting the targeted results in a shorter frame of time.
It is the most popular weight loss supplement and is extracted from Rubus ideas or red raspberry fruits. It’s commonly used as follows
- As a healthcare supplement
- As a flavoring additive in food and beverages
- It’s the primary reason of fruity aroma of raspberries so it is used in many perfumes and cosmetics
Raspberry ketone as a healthcare supplement
Its scientific name is 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one. It’s widely and popularly used for many health related things and provide ample of benefits such as
- Managing and aiding the weight loss
- As an antioxidant – antioxidants are an anathema to free radicals. Free radicals damages and destroys the healthy cells. An antioxidant destroys these free radicals thereby increasing general health.
- As an anti-inflammatory – it suppresses the production or synthesis of nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2. These enzymes are responsible for regulation molecules that in turn regulate bodily functions such as insulin secretion, peristalsis, and vascular support. Cyclooxygenase-2 regulates the production of prostaglandins which is responsible for promoting inflammation
- To improve the cholesterol levels – Raspberry ketone has antilipemic It increases the high-density lipoprotein or HDL which is known as the good cholesterol and reduces the levels of low density lipoprotein or LDL, the bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- In skin care – it can be used to enhance pigmentation that is whitening of the skin.
Raspberry ketone as a weight loss supplement
The most popular application of raspberry ketone is in the weight management. It is primarily used for effective weight loss by increasing the rate of fat burning process and preventing excess fat storage. It affects the glucose production in the body. Glucose or blood sugar regulates metabolism and is the primary source of energy.
Raspberry ketone increases the oxidation of fatty acids thus results in stimulation of Adiponectin. Adiponectin is a hormone that regulates the absorption of insulin into the muscles of the body. Insulin acts as the carrier of glucose. The unused glucose gets converted into fat cells thereby causing the weight gain. By increasing metabolism Raspberry ketone enhances the burn rate of glucose it also restricts the excess production of glucose and the breaks down the existing fat cells to generate glucose for the metabolism.
Raspberry ketone is a multifunctional supplement that can be bought both from online and offline vendors. It’s a non-prescription supplement that is easily available and a worthy addition to your weight loss regime.